Monday 17 January 2011

Name dropping

I have always appreciated music and loved to sing – years ago I thought I might become an opera singer, though I had no idea how this could be achieved. Like many a child I learned the descant recorder – do they do that any more? - and scraped away at violin and viola in my school orchestra. My singing skills never advanced beyond the various school choirs (I did also join a couple of choirs after I left school), but I loved the thrill of making music with others. I was once in a school production of Gilbert & Sullivan's The Sorceror where the role of Dr Daly, Vicar of Ploverleigh, was filled by a talented pupil called Russell Stone. For him music was to be his career because he later joined the Black & White Minstrels, then became half of the 70s duo, R & J Stone – remember them? I hear he is now the step-father of Rachel Stevens (ex-S Club 7 and Strictly Come Dancing). http://www.russell-stone.co.uk/about_russell.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment